- The Information We Gather
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
We collect and maintain information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Sites and Services. For example:
- when you register for a Site, you may provide us certain information including your name, email address, screen name, password, demographic information and the health topics that interest you;
- to engage a Site’s social networking function, you may add to your profile by providing information about your interests or health topics. For example, your profile may list your favorite healthy foods or movie;
- if you are registering for a customized weight loss program, you may provide us answers to questions we use to provide you the program, like your actual and goal weights, your preferred method of exercise, or your caloric intake;
- if you sign up to receive a newsletter, enter a contest or participate in social networking activities, you may provide us contact information (e.g., email or physical address);
- if you purchase a product or service, you may provide us your credit card information; and
- you may provide us with Personal Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may stop you from gaining access to a Service or limit the features that you can use.
- Information We Collect Through Your Use of the Site.
As you use the Site and Services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files, your device information and other technologies, we may collect information about how you use the Site and the Services. This information allows us to deliver more helpful information, programs, tools and advertisements.
- Information We Receive From Third Parties.
We may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties with the information we have already collected from you via our Sites and Services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including to verify other information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services), to conduct research and to enhance the content and advertising we provide to you.
- How We Use Your Information
We will use your Personal Information in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
We believe that advertising is more interesting to you when it is relevant. Accordingly, we customize the advertisements that you see based upon: (i) the information that you provide us (e.g., age, gender, stated health interests and other information in your profile); (ii) geographic location information, which we may determine through your IP address, from your mobile device, or other ways; (iii) data we receive from third parties or; (iv) your visits on the Sites or use of Services (commonly referred to as “Behavioral Advertising”). We may use your Personal Information to deliver customized advertising to you on this Site, on other websites and on other digital and offline media channels.
You can limit the way that we tailor advertising based on your self-reported interests and other information in your profile by clicking on the “Profile” or “My Account” section of this Site and deleting or modifying the information..
- To Provide the Sites and Services.
In general, we use your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate for purposes including to:
- administer your account;
- register you and provide you access to the Site or Services;
- respond to inquiries or requests that you direct to us;
- fulfill your requests for products or services;
- send communications and administrative emails about the Sites or Services;
- personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Sites and Services for your use;
- send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- improve the quality of the Site and the Services, and
- analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Services.
- Cookies and Targeted Advertising
Cookies, Web Beacons, and IP Address Information
- Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions usually within the help menu. In order to use certain Services offered through the Sites, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Sites may not work properly, and you may not be able to access our Services.
- An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We, or our service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Sites or Services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements.
- How We Disclose Information to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as specifically approved by you or under the circumstances described below. If you do not want us to use or disclose Personal Information collected about you in the ways identified in this Policy, you should not use the Site or Services.
- Disclosure for Legal Reasons.
We may disclose and release your Personal Information to third parties: (a) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (b) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to our system or network, or in any cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement we may have with you.
- Agents and Contractors.
We may provide your Personal Information to service providers who work on our behalf or help us to operate our business, the Sites and the Services. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, research, and/or marketing assistance; provide services and/or content for sending email and providing customer service; analyze data, serve advertisements on our Sites and Services and on third-party channels; and process payments (including credit card payments). Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function.
- Anonymous Information.
We may share Anonymous Information about you with third parties for any purpose. Personal Information that has been aggregated with the Personal Information of other users in a way that does not identify you as an individual shall be treated as Anonymous Information.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Polls.
When you participate in a Promotion, you are subject to any official rules for that Promotion, which may contain additional information about the specific privacy practices associated with the Promotion.
- Social Media Integration
We may provide you with the ability to interact with your existing social media accounts, such as Facebook or Twitter. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control those social media services, your profiles on those services, your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not HealthX24. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you through our Site. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features on their platforms.
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete and remove such child’s information from our systems.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.