Hand washing remains one of our most effective weapons against diseases. Irrespective our age, background, social status or profession, we all need to wash our hands. The question is: Are you really doing it properly?
How should you wash your hands?
According to the Centers for disease control and prevention:
- Wet your hands with clean water before applying soap
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together. Do not forget the backs of your hands, between the fingers and under your nails (germs hide easily in these places).
- Scrub your hands for 20 seconds. Hum the nursery rhyme ‘’Row your boat’’ twice. (Tells you how long you should scrub the hands.)
- Rinse your hands well with clean water.
- Dry your hands with clean towel, paper napkin (Not your clothes!)
If for reasons beyond your control, soap is not immediately available, use hand sanitizers or rub your hands thoroughly with ash or sand!
Please like our Facebook page for more!